World’s Largest Legal Hackathon
Bringing the legal industry together with tech and innovation, world-wide, with one purpose:
Rapid development of solutions for improving the legal industry world-wide.
March 06-08, 2020
#GLH2020 Host Application Process
We expect to receive hundreds of applications to host for #GLH2020. Below are some of the basic requirements for hosts and process to host the first round.
- Hosts organize and run their local hackathon event under the GLH rules
- Hosts provide the facilities, food, and resources for participants
- Hosts promote their host location to increase participation
- Hosts recruit volunteers and sponsors to support event
- Hosts locations are responsible to have a successful hackathon, but they will be provided guidance from the GLH with rules, webinars, and guides.
How are Hosts Chosen
- Organizations that are Global GLH sponsors are given priority to host locations
- Organizations that have approriate facilites to host 50 or more participants
- Organizations have previous experience with hackathathons
- Organizations that are excited to host #GLH2020 and provide a great experience to participants
What Happened in 2019?
Teams develop solutions that fit into either of two streams…
The Business & Practice of Law
Good government, Legal Systems & A2J
March 06 to 08, 2020
From March 06, 2020 to March 08, 2020, over 5,000 participants will participate in the Global Legal Hackathon. People will pitch ideas, form teams, and create technology-based legal solutions. At the end of the weekend, these teams will present their solutions to a judge panel. Ultimately, there will be one winning team at each location, where they will move on to the next round.
May 2, 2020
May 1, 2020, first-round winners will submit their solutions as a video demonstration to the second-round judging panel.
GLH Final Round
Round-two finalists will be invited to demonstrate their technological solutions to a live panel of judges. Location of the Gala will be London, UK.